Sunday 11 September 2011

Gossip Girl - Season 5 from 26th September

I can't imagine any teenagers in America who doesn't watch Gossip Girl. The episodes of one of the most popular US series are also followed by many youngsters in Europe. A lot of our students download it every week and watch it with either English or Hungarian subtitles. It's definitely a good English practice for them! Even if they read Hungarian subtitles, their pronunciation improves a lot. They acquire the language while enjoying the stories of Blair, Serena, Chuck and the others. If you are keen on fashion and English but haven't seen any episodes, it is time to download them!

We've collected some interesting quotes said by the characters in the course of the first 4 seasons.


Blair Waldorf: "I'm not a stop-along-the-way. I'm a destination, and if you refuse to attend, I'm gonna have to find a replacement. Girls, the waiting list!"


Serena Van der Woodsen: "I even made a list of pros and cons. Dan: Good shoulders to cry on. Nate: Good shoulders."


Chuck Bass: "Women like to pretend their complicated. I know better."


Serena to Blair: "Right now, I’m with exactly who I want to be with—my best friend. You are high school to me. All of the boyfriends and mean girls and tests and teachers and our crazy mothers, we learned through it together. We raised each other. You’re my sister."


Dan Humphrey: " Life is giving you signs, and you're ignoring them because you're afraid of the thing they're signaling you to do."


Blair: "Changing your name doesn't change who you are."
Chuck: "It's a good start. A chance to live simply, earn people's respect. Maybe become a person someone could love."
Blair: "Someone did love you. And... you owe it to her and everyone else you're leaving behind not to run away. Which is what you're doing. And I don't think that great man you're talking about wanting to be is a coward. I think he would face up to what he did."
Chuck: "I destroyed the only thing I ever loved."
Blair: "I don't love you anymore. But it takes more than even you to destroy Blair Waldorf."
Chuck: "Your world would be easier if I didn't come back."
Blair: "That's true. But it wouldn't be my world without you in it."

1 comment:

Aimee T said...

Personally, I don't watch the show because I prefer the book [yes, I'm a teen girl]. I want the world to know that Cicily von Ziegesar wrote a wonderful series that is FAR better than the show.