We have brought you the weirdest and funniest laws from around the world! Below you can read 20 laws that are still on the books! Unfortunately we don’t know the origin of most of them, but their stories must have been very interesting. We wouldn't recommend using these laws as evidence in court unless you'd like the judge to laugh you into jail!
1. It is lawful to kill a Scotsman in York if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
2. In the United Kingdom taxi drivers must ask passengers if they are suffering from plague or smallpox.
3. In the UK it is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
4. You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.
5. A bed may not be hung out of a window.
6. It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolate on a public conveyance.
7. Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.
8. In Australia a hackney carriage (i.e. taxi) driver must (still) carry a bale of hay and a bucket to feed and water his horse.
9. In Denmark when driving a car, you must have someone at the front of the car waving a flag so that carriages with horses that come opposite know that there’s an engined car coming.
10. In Denmark if someone in a carriage is trying to get past a car and the horses seem disturbed, the car’s driver must pull over, calm down the horse and cover up the car.
11. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
12. In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
13. In Milan, it is a legal requirement to smile at all times, except funerals or hospital visits.
14. A dogcatcher must notify the dog at least three days before they capture them, of their intentions in Colorado.
15. Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.
16. A man with a mustache can never legally kiss a woman in public in Iowa.
17. In Tennessee it’s illegal for a woman to drive unless a man is in front of the car waving a red flag.
18. In France it is forbidden without a cemetery plot to die on the territory of the commune.
19. A person may not cross any state lines with a duck on top of his head.
20. In Arizona donkeys cannot by law sleep in bathtubs.